CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Leelou Blogs

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Roll up! Roll up!

Hi all,
I hope you had a good weekend.  As usual, Saturday was busy.  We had one of those days where things didn't go to plan.  There has been a large fair at Newcastle this past week, and hubby thought it would be a nice treat for the girls to go down.  So, he found out the bus timetables and things on the internet (the nearest car parks are a big walk away) and I left it up to him.  Big mistake.  We got the 9am bus to get to the fair at 10am. It was all shut up.  Hubby hadn't checked what time it opened!  I went on the internet on my phone and finally found it didn't open until 1.30pm!  We needed to get the 2pm bus home as Daisy had a party at 4pm.  So, we walked to a local museum, which the girls loved.  Daisy and hubby had bought tickets to the planetarium as they had a kids show on there and Martha and I were looking at all the animals.  Just before the show started, the fire alarm went off and we all had to vacate the building.  It took 25 minutes before we could get back in the building and it was lunch time and Daisy and hubby had no time to go to the show.  We got a refund and then went for lunch to a local place that had great kids meals.  It took over 20 minutes for someone to take our order, so we then had to rush to catch the bus, only to be told once we were there that our bus had broken down and we had to get another one and change at Morpeth.  We then got stuck in a huge traffic jam and got home after 3pm.  Daisy and I had to rush around getting changed, wrapping a present and writing a card, so we could get back to Morpeth for the party.  Luckily, nothing else happened that shouldn't have.  I was very glad to get to bed!
Onto my picture.  I decided to enter the challenge at Feeling Sketchy and as it is a scrapbook sketch I thought I would have a go at doing a layout.  I am not brilliant at them, but do have loads of photos I could use.  I have left the sketch almost how it was and used some photos of the girls at a fair we went to over the Jubilee weekend.  It was Martha's first go on some rides and she loved them.  I have gone with the colours and spots from Daisy's coat for the paper.
See you tomorrow and sorry for the long post.

9 comments:

cheryl said...

oh gosh Hun,you had me exhausted just reading,your post,gosh poor you hate it when days go like that,any way as for your layout its just brilliant,showcases,the photo to perfection,love the wording too,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Fleur said...

A fab layout.
HUGZ Fleur xXx

pinky said...

Oh dear what a day Nikki, I am sure you are all exhausted! I love your gorgeous layout though. Fabulous colours and love the lettering.

♥Gemma♥ said...

Gorgeous page hun & great layout...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Ultimate Whirligig said...

Hi Nikki, it made me laugh reading about your day of mishaps. I seem to have a lot of days like this and only thought it happened to me lol. Maybe it has something to do with having a young family? Anyway, I really like your LO. Great combination of patterns and colours. Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.
Michelle

Doreen said...

Gosh what a day.....Love your layout,fab photo.xxx

Anonymous said...

Goodness me I know what you mean busy busy its all go! take it easy enjoy your weekend xx GREAT LO too! hugs me xx

Jess S said...

Oh my gosh, what a day! Sounds like a lot of running around! I love your take on the sketch, the papers are fab! Thanks for playing at Feeling Sketchy this week!

Annmaree of Oz said...

sounds like a crazy day hun! hate it when everything goes wrong like that!!!

You did an awesome page, I love the polar dots and pink and yellows, Thanks heaps for playing at Feeling Sketchy!