CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Leelou Blogs

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Chasing my tail

Hi all,
I hope you had a lovely weekend.  I still have a bit of a cold, but I am feeling loads better.  It was Martha's birthday on Saturday - a big 2 years old.  We went to my inlaws house and had a little party for her.  A few friends and cousins came along.  Luckily, the sun shone for most of it and she had a lovely time.  We are having building work done at our house, which is why we didn't hold it here.  Our old conservatory is being knocked down and an orangery is being put up instead.  It will be a bit bigger, and we are having the wall between it and the kitchen knocked down to create a more open feeling.  It should be done in 6 weeks if the weather holds out.  Also this weekend, my sister and her family came up to visit.  They live in America and have come over for 2 weeks to visit friends and family.  They're travelling all over the country and are a bit shattered, but it was lovely to see them and let our girls and their 2 girls play together.  It was the first time I have seen my 4 month old niece in the flesh, who is gorgeous and very chilled out.
So, this is why I am a bit late with DT work, etc and am now chasing my tail trying to get it all done.  This card is my DT work (one day late, so not on the challenge blog - oops!)  for this week's Incy Wincy challenge, which is Dust it off.  We want you to use something which you haven't used for ages or have had for ages and never used.  Our sponsor is Tiddly Inks and I have used Lilli Clare makes a wish for my card.  The papers are from a Dovecraft pack which I bought about 5 years ago.  I have used one or two sheets out of it, but that is all.  The stars have also been hiding away in a box and I only found them again last week.
I'm off to catch up on things.  See you later.

8 comments:

Doreen said...

That must have been great seeing your sister and her family again.....Your card is gorgeous,love the image and fab layout.xxx

Judith said...

what a gorgeous card Nikki - live the image and the fairy papers - what a lovely week end for you, it must have been lovely to finally meet your new neice! hugs Judith x

Mary J said...

And I thought I had a busy weekend Nikki! I hope you are feeling 100% better soon!

What a very sweet card - love the touch of feminine embellishing!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Nikki
A gorgeous and beautiful card
Hugs Dianne xx :)

pinky said...

You certainly are busy Nikki. Hope the work goes ahead ok and you enjoy your visitors. Love your fluffy pink card!!

June Nelson said...

Oh im ever so pleased you saw your family again it must have been brilliatn for you, and hte card is delish darlin huggies June xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

These weeks are going by far too quickly aren't they Nikki!

Fabulous card I adore that cute fairy girl!

Hope you're all doing well, feel better!

coldwaters2 said...

Sounds like you have had a busy but exciting time Nikki, this is so pretty and girlie, the image and colours look lovely.
Hugs
Lorraine x